Tuesday, May 9, 2045 | By: Unknown

Welcome

My name is Evelyn Alvar.  I'm a writer and an artist.  Perhaps you've seen my illustrated novella series, which this blog is named after, or perhaps not.  They are something of a niche market.

These novellas detail fantastical landscapes, eerie and beautiful beings, strange stars and wonders and oddities.  My artwork attempts to capture these things, illustrations tucked between the pages.

The books are billed as fiction.  But they are not.

I have been to each and every one of these places.  You see, for as long as I can remember, I have been able to slip between the layers of reality, to visit realms that most believe to be fantasy or myth.  But they are very real.  I walk in them every day.  I take the name Siabhra (SHEE-vrah) when I do this, and I... transform.  Dark hair becomes silver streaked with gold, brown eyes take on a shimmering violet hue, eyelashes and eyebrows shift to a frosted silver.  I don't know why this
happens, but it does.

Here, you will read my story, and my stories.  You will see images I create that are dim and imperfect reflections of the things I've seen.  And you will likely believe this blog to be a creative expression, a fiction, the fantastical workings of a creative mind.  I won't disagree, but neither will I agree with you.

Welcome.

--Evelyn

For easy-to-follow chronological story links, go to the "Chronology" tab at the top.

If you like what you see here and would like to support this storytelling and art project, please leave a tip by clicking on the Paypal-linked perfume bottle below!


0 comments:

Post a Comment