Monday, May 20, 2013 | By: Unknown

Chapter Six-- Trust


I arrive at her condo very early this morning because I didn’t want to do this at the store. I haven’t been here in years; it has changed little since I lived here, the furnishings still elegant and classic, the walls still paneled with delicately carved scrollwork. I look down at the book in my hands, running my fingers once across the dried, cracked leather, before glancing briefly at Alice. She is gazing at me expectantly, hands outstretched, waiting for me to place the book in them. I nibble on my lower lip.

 “Can I ask you something?” I murmur. She tilts her head slightly without lowering her hands, and I take it as an affirmative. I start to continue, but then falter, uncertain how to ask.

Read Chapter Six here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment